Duck Fat is the new fat to cook your food in. It add wonderful flavor to your food.
- • 1 c. duck fat
- • 1 c. Vidalia onions, chopped
- • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- • 2 lbs. red potatoes
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- • flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Fill a large pot with water and add a liberal amount of salt to the pot. Place the potatoes in the pot and turn on medium to high heat. Allow the potatoes stay in the pot at a slight boil for about 35 minutes. The potatoes should be soft but not thoroughly cooked through. Another way of knowing that the potatoes are about ready to come out is when the skin starts to peel off to the touch. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Now that the potatoes are cooled, begin to dice them into cubes. Grab a large cast iron skillet, if you have it if not just use a large skillet, and turn on medium high heat. Add the duck fat into the pan and allow to get hot. Add the onions and cook in the duck fat for 5 minutes until they become translucent and then add the garlic. Add the potatoes to the pan and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 20 minutes and turn to a large plate or serving platter. Season with salt and pepper and add the flat leaf parsley to the dish and toss.
- Category: Side Dish