These Easy Buffalo Chicken Wings are the perfect centerpiece appetizer for game day! Serve alongside with carrots, celery, and ranch or bleu cheese dressing.
- 3 lbs. Party Chicken Wings
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Baking powder
- 1 1/4 c. hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. Smoked paprika, heaping teaspoon
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Garnish: carrots, celery, ranch, bleu cheese
- Begin to heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 Degrees.
- In a small saucepan on low to medium heat, add the hot sauce and spices to the pot (garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and vinegar) and whisk together. The hot sauce mixture should be steaming, not boiling.
- Begin to add the cold butter and whisk after every 4 tablespoons. Whisk until the butter and sauce have combined. Allow to cool and you can pour in a mason jar with a lid and shake to keep the sauce from breaking.
- Place the party chicken wings in a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper, and baking powder and mix through the wings. It isn’t going to seem like a lot of seasoning but trust me it’s plenty. Allow the chicken wings to air dry on a wire rack lined with paper towels for, at least, 30 minutes.
- Once the deep fryer has reached its temperature, add 5-7 chicken wings at a time to the deep fryer and allow it to cook for 10 minutes. When the wings start to make a crackling noise, that is when it is time to take them out. They should be crispy.
- Immediately add them to a large mixing bowl pour some of the sauce on the wings and toss evenly. Place the wings on a cooling rack until ready to serve. Feel free to toss again if desired.
- Serve with celery, carrots, ranch, and/or bleu cheese.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Appetiser
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo chicken wings recipe, best chicken wings recipe, best buffalo chicken dip, homemade buffalo wings, crispy buffalo wings, buffalo chicken air fryer, buffalo wings keto, crispy buffalo chicken wings,