This Easy Adobo Chicken Recipe is full of flavor and super cheap to make. This is a complete meal made in one pan. Use chicken thighs for this dish.
- 10 Whole Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 6 small-medium Russet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tsp. Black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ c. white vinegar
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- Turn the chicken thighs to a large bowl. Sprinkle the chicken thighs with kosher salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika. Toss to coat the chicken thighs with the seasoning. In a large shallow pan, pour the olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken thighs
around the pan and place in the oven to roast for 30-35 minutes. multiReplace” id=”189″ data-gr-id=”189″>Skin should be slightly crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven and use tongs to remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Reserve ⅔ c. of rendered chicken fat and discard the rest from the pan. Place the pan on
stove on medium heat and add the rendered chicken fat. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper as desired. Allow the potatoes to cook covered with a lid for 20 minutes. The potatoes won’t be completely cooked but that is okay.
- Now add the onions, garlic cloves, and stir. Pour in the vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Make room in the pan to place the chicken back in the pan.Cook on medium heat on the stove covered with
lid for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 80 mins
- Category: Dinner