If you like grilled cheese try a Patty Melt! This sandwich is glorious and delicious. It is where Cheeseburger meets a Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/ tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 16 slices Swiss Cheese
- 8 Sourdough slices
- 1 yellow onion, caramelized
- butter for bread
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and the seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, smoked paprika, and Worcestershire Sauce) by using your hands. Once the seasoning is combined with the meat, separate the meat into 4 balls.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to 350 degrees. Using two plates, same in size, place one of the beef balls on top of one plate and use the other plate to smash down the beef into a patty that is about 1/4 inch in width. Place the patty on top of the griddle or pan. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Once the patties have been cooked, clean griddle or pan for second use.
- Spread one side of the pieces of bread with butter. Place two pieces of bread butter side down on the pan or griddle, place two slices of cheese on both pieces of bread, add some caramelized onions, and finally the beef patty. Take the other piece of bread and place on top of the beef patty. Flip the sandwich to toast on the other side for about 2 minutes. To help the melting process, cover the pan with a skillet of same size or cover sandwich on griddle with a large enough sauce pan.
- Remove and cut in half and serve
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins