This is an Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe that is the perfect treat for the Fall. The ice cream is perfectly spiced and made with pumpkin puree.
- 1 ½ c. whole milk
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ c. sugar
- ¼ c. light brown sugar, packed
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- PIE CRISPS
- 1 Roll pie crust
- 1 ½ tbsp. Melted butter
- ¼ c sugar
- ½ tbsp. Cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, cream, both sugars, and salt to a simmer (not boil) over medium heat. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Place the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Take a cup of the hot milk mixture and slowly pour it into the egg yolks. Be sure to whisk simultaneously. Once mixed, pour egg yolks and milk mixture into the saucepan and stir slowly. The sauce will thicken. Once the mixture coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat.
- Now stir in the canned pumpkin until well mixed. Pour the pumpkin mixture into a mesh strainer over a bowl. Take the strained mixture and add the pumpkin spice and vanilla extract and whisk. Cover and let refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Churn the ice cream mixer in the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once the ice cream becomes of a soft-serve consistency, pour into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer until firm.
- To make pie crisps: preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out just until flattened. Brush the pie crust with butter until coated. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the pie crust. Cut into the desired shape.
- Place onto the parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and serve with pumpkin ice cream.
- Category: Dessert