This Easy Shrimp Scampi recipe is delicious and perfect but instead of linguine, try zucchini noodles for added nutrition.
- 3 Whole Zucchini, spiralized
- 1 lb. Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil, divided
- 1 whole lemon
- ½ c. white wine
- 1 tsp. Red crushed pepper flakes
- 4–5 Basil leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper for taste
- In one large saute pan on medium high heat, begin to heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the spiralized zucchini and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a separate large saute pan on medium high heat, add the 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp of remaining olive oil. Once the oil and butter begin to bubble add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Next, add the juice of a lemon, white wine, and red crushed pepper. Allow simmering until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp and cook on both sides for 2-4 minutes and until the shrimp have turned pink. Toss and coat the shrimp in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the basil and cook for about a minute more. Serve the shrimp over Zucchini noodles and spoon some of the sauce on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with extra basil if desired and serve.