Enjoy this classic salad recipe with a grilled flair. This Grilled Caesar Salad Recipe is made with homemade dressing and croutons that you won’t forget.
- 4 hearts of Romaine Lettuce, divided
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ loaf of baguette or French Bread
- 1 ½ tbsp. Olive oil
- ¼ c, mayo
- 2 ½ tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp. Anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ¼ c, Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ c. Parmesan Cheese, shavings
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Set aside a long baking sheet.
- Slice the baguette or French bread into cubes or thin slices. Place in a bowl and drizzle with 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss and lay evenly on the baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes on each side. Leave out and let cool.
- Take 2 Romaine lettuce hearts and cut them in half. Brush them lightly with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Place on the grill over indirect heat for about 2 minutes. Just long enough for the lettuce to get the grill marks and charred on the edges. You don’t want to cook down the lettuce completely. Remove and let cool
- NOTE: You can serve the salad with just the grilled lettuce and keep it open the way it is cut. Just drizzle with salad dressing, croutons, and cheese. I preferred to chop the lettuce normally with some non-grilled lettuce. It’s all a matter of preference.
- Once the grilled lettuce has cooled, chop as normal and place in a bowl. Take the remaining two Romaine hearts and chop as normal and add to the bowl with the grilled lettuce. Toss evenly.
- To make the dressing, add the mayo, lemon juice, anchovy paste, dijon mustard, minced garlic, and olive oil to a small bowl. Stir together to mix. Add salt and pepper to taste and grated parmesan cheese to bowl and mix well.
- Add shaved parmesan cheese, croutons, and begin to toss in the dressing (whatever amount you find appropriate) until all ingredients are well coated. Serve as desired.
- Category: Salad