Savor the irresistible flavors of Grilled Caprese Chicken: juicy chicken, ripe tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fresh basil in this Italian-inspired delight.
- 6 Thin Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. Black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Minced Garlic, divided
- 1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3 Large Tomatoes on the Vine
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 6 Slices of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 bunch fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Garnish: Balsamic Glaze
- Begin by marinating your chicken. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, black pepper, minced garlic, onion, garlic powder, and Italian Seasoning. Mix.
- Place the chicken in a resealable bag or an airtight container. Pour the marinade over the chicken and rub through to make sure both sides are coated in the marinade—place in the fridge for, at least 4 hours.
- Heat your grill according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you decide not to use an outdoor grill, you can use a stove-top grill or a large skillet. Heat the skillet/ indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook on both sides for 5-6 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. If using an outdoor grill, move the chicken to a cooler side of the grill.
- Take one and a half of the tomatoes and cut into tomato slices. Take the remaining tomatoes and dice. Set aside the diced tomatoes.
- Indoor grill/ skillet: Remove the chicken from the pan. Using a clean skillet, melt the butter on medium heat, add the diced tomatoes, and add a clove of minced garlic to the pan for 2-3 minutes. Place the chicken breast back into the pan.
- Place one tomato slice on top of each grilled chicken; top off with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Cover the grill pan with a lid or cover the grill until the cheese melts about 3 minutes. Once melted, garnish with the chopped basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve as desired.
- Outdoor grill- once the cheese has melted on the chicken, remove it from the grill and let the chicken rest. Garnish with the remaining diced tomatoes and chopped basil, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
You don’t have to grill the chicken breast. You can pan-sear then in a large skillet and follow the recipe as instructed.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: caprese chicken recipes, caprese grilled chicken, caprese grilled chicken breast, grilled chicken with balsamic glaze