Here is something new and healthy to add to your grill for the summer!
- 2– 6 oz. pieces of salmon (with skin)
- 2 Cedar Papers ( I suppose you can use cedar planks if you can’t find the papers)
- 1 c. olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. fresh pepper
- Take the salmon out of the packages and place inside a rectangular container that can fit both pieces. Place the salmon inside the containers and season with kosher salt and pepper (If you do not have kosher salt you can use sea salt).
- Using a food processor, combine the rosemary, garlic, dijon mustard, and the juice a whole lemon, salt and pepper and begin to pulse. Slowly pour in the olive oil and continue to pulse until all ingredients are well combined. Then, pour the marinade over both pieces of salmon. If you do not have a food processor follow these instructions:
- Finely chop the rosemary and place inside a small bowl. Using a hand held grater, grate the two cloves of garlic; add the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil and whisk. Pour on top of salmon. Allow to refrigerate for, at least, 1 hour.
- Soak the cedar papers for 10 minutes before wrapping the salmon. Once the papers have been soaked, place the salmon on top of the paper, skin down on top of paper, and wrap using butchers string (If you bought the “Fire & Flavor Cedar Papers Kit” it should come with it).
- Now that you have both pieces of your salmon wrapped, place on top of your prepared outdoor grill and allow to cook for 15 minutes or until done to your liking. If it looks like the bottom of the fish is burning, don’t worry its just the skin, which you wouldn’t eat anyway. I promise you won’t have burnt fish.
- Prep Time: 65 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Entree