As long as you have chicken breast, you can cook Chicken Curry more healthily. This dish is made with protein, fiber, and tons of flavor.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno, unseeded and chopped
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz. skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 4 c. brown rice or basmati, cooked
- garnish, chopped cilantro, and/or green onion, lime wedges
- Warm the tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet and begin to cook the onion for 3-5 minutes. Add the curry powder, garlic cloves, ginger, and diced jalapeno and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, the drained chickpeas, and the cooked chicken breast and stir. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Allow the sauce to simmer on low to medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve over cooked brown rice in a bowl and garnish with cilantro and/or chives.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dishe
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: healthy curry, healthy chicken curry recipe, curry recipe, healthy chicken curry, low fat curry, healthy chicken curry recipe, healthy chicken curry recipe Indian