- Ingredients for chips
- Potatoes (you decide the amount)
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Ingredients for fish
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 ¾ cups crushed cornflakes
- Salt and pepper to taste (seasoned salt is better if you have it)
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 2-4 oz. fillets of Polluck (another firm white fish is okay if you prefer something different)
- Directions for chips
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- Cut the potatoes to your liking and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place evenly on a baking sheet and place in the oven until browned and crisp. This should take about 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Take a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush the corn flakes with your hands until they are crumbs and season your fish with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your egg whites until they are slightly foamy.
- Dip the fish in the egg whites and then roll in the crumbs until evenly coated, place them on the baking sheet, and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the sheet on the bottom rack and flip the fish around 6 minutes until crisp, which should take about 12-14 minutes.