Try this all-star Herb Roasted Turkey Breast recipe for your Thanksgiving holiday this year! Super easy and will leave your turkey moist and delicious.
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Sage
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Spring Fresh Rosemary
- 3 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 syringes of Creole Butter or Chicken Broth
- 8 1/2 lb. Turkey Breast, defrosted
- 1 Large Onion
- Open the bag with you turkey breast and remove the insides of the bird. Shake the excess liquid over the sink and place on a large cutting board. Using paper towels, pat the bird as dry as possible all around. Set aside and let dry while you work on the seasoning mixture.
- Take the rosemary, thyme, and sage and finely chop together. Add to a small ramekin along with the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powder. Turning back to the bird, rub with the butter all over as much as possible. Next, sprinkle the seasonings all over the bird and even on the inside.
- On the counter top, lay out some plastic wrap and place your bird on top of the plastic. Begin to tightly wrap your turkey with plastic wrap until completely covered and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook your bird, preheat your electric rooster or oven to 350 Degrees.
- Take the large onion and remove outside paper and cut into 4 large chunks. Place inside of your roosting oven to set the turkey breast on top. If you have a roosting pan with a rack this step is not necessary. Unwrap the turkey and place inside roosting oven on top of the onion chunks so it is not touching the bottom of the pan. This will allow the bird to not get absorbed in the dripping and to roast properly.
- Take a flavor syringe ( if you bought the Creole Butter one comes with it) and fill the syringe with Creole Butter or Chicken Broth. Inject the liquid all around the bird including the inside. Repeat this 4 times. Cover with aluminum foil or the lid to the electric rooster and allow to cook until the inside temperature of the bird reaches 165 Degrees (about 6 hours). Remove from heat so the bird does not dry out but keep covered with aluminum foil until ready to carve. Note, do not immediately carve the turkey upon removing from oven. Allow to sit so the flavors can redistribute throughout the bird. Serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Cuisine: Entree