Easy beef stew made with potatoes, carrots, and thick cubes of beef seasoning to perfection. Serve with cornbread. Great comfort food.
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 pounds Angus Beef Cubes
- 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 12 ounces, weight Frozen Mirepoix Mix (green Bell Peppers, Onions, And Celery)
- 2 cans Sliced Carrots, 14.5 Oz. Cans, Drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 whole Yukon Yellow Potatoes, Diced
- 4 c. Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1–1/2 ounce, weight Package Of Beef Stew Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ounces, weight Jar Of Beef Gravy
- Cooked Rice (if Desired)
- Salt And Black Pepper, to taste
- In a large dutch oven on medium-high heat, begin to heat 3 tablespoons of the vegetable oil. Put the beef cubes in a large bowl and toss them with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is heated, add the cubes of beef into the pot and allow the beef to brown evenly on all sides. Once the beef is browned on all sides, remove them from the pot and place them on a plate lined with a paper towel. Don’t rinse the pot.
- Add the other 3 tablespoons of oil to the pot and add the mirepoix mix (I bought the mix at Kroger’s—it’s already diced in the freezer section) and the drained cans of carrots. Cook for 5 minutes. Finally, add the garlic cloves and cook until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked beef to the pot and mix in with the rest of the ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture with 3 tablespoons of flour. Stir to coat the ingredients. Slowly add the beef broth and stir.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch and stir making a cornstarch slurry. Pour in the stew. Next, add the beef stew seasoning mix and bay leaf. Finally, add the potatoes. Allow simmering on low to medium heat for 1-2 hours.
- At this point, the potatoes should be fork-tender along with the beef. Serve over cooked rice and with your favorite bread. I think cornbread is a good choice!
Serve with a side of cornbread!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Category: Soup/ Stew
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade beef stew recipe, ingredients for homemade stew, homemade beef stew from scratch, beef stew recipe without wine, easy homemade beef stew recipes, lean beef stew recipe, awesome beef stew recipe, how to cook beef stew recipe, best beef stew ever recipe