This Homemade Spaghetti Meatsauce is filled with fresh ingredients such as herbs and veggies. The longer you stew this sauce the better,
- 2 pounds Ground Angus Chuck
- 2 pounds Spicy Italian Suasage
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Stem And Seeds Removed And Chopped
- 4 whole Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 14 ounces, weight Can Diced Tomatoes
- 6 ounces, weight Can Tomato Paste
- 1 jar 16 Ounce Jar, Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups Water
- 1 sprig Fresh Oregano, Chopped
- 1 sprig Rosemary, Chopped
- 5 leaves Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 3 leaves Bay Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1–½ cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 2 pounds Spaghetti Noodles, Cooked According To Package Instructions For Al Dente
- Extra Cheese For Topping
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the beef and Italian sausage until brown throughout. Once cooked, remove from heat and place meat in a large bowl.
- Leaving the drippings of the meat in the pan, add the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and place pan back on heat. Add the onions, green pepper, and tomatoes to the pan and saute for about 2 minutes. Lastly, add the minced garlic. Stir and cook for an extra minute.
- Without reducing the heat, stir in the white wine and allow it to bubble up and reduce for about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the can of diced tomatoes and stir in the tomato paste until completely dissolved. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the marina sauce. Into that jar, add 2 cups water, put the lid on and shake to get all the leftovers from the jar and pour it into the sauce and stir. Add the chopped oregano, rosemary, basil and bay leaves. Now add all the seasonings: sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste, and stir. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir the sauce until cheese is completely melted. Allow to simmer for 45 minutes on low to medium heat while periodically stirring. Serve over spaghetti and top with cheese if you would like.
- Category: Entree