Enjoy the wholesome goodness of Honey Oat Bread with this easy recipe. Crunchy oats and sweet honey make this bread perfect for any occasion!
- 3 c. flour
- 3/4 c. quick rolled oats
- 1 package of active yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey, warmed
- 2 tbsp. Rolled oats
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Mix flour, oats, yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer and whisk together.
- In a small bowl, warm the milk and place the butter in the warmed milk to allow the butter to melt. Make sure the milk isn’t boiling. Stir until the butter has melted. Add the water and honey to the milk mixture.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, and using a dough hook on a standing mixer or blender, mix until the dough is completely mixed and has formed a dough ball. Use the dough hook attachment and knead the dough for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth. If the dough is still sticky, add a tablespoon of flour to the dough until it is smooth but not dry.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, place in a warm place, and allow the dough to double in size. This should take about an hour. Depending on your area’s warmth, it may take a little longer.
- Now that the dough has doubled turn to a lightly floured surface and mold the dough into a 9X12 inch rectangular log. Prepare a 9X12 inch loaf pan with baking spray and place the dough into the pan. Cover with a dry kitchen towel and allow to double in size for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle the warmed honey over the dough and, using a pastry brush, brush the honey over the loaf to ensure it gets spread evenly. Sprinkle the dough with quick oats and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the pan, turn to a cooling rack, and allow the bread to cool.
Making the butter
- In a medium bowl, add the butter, scrape the vanilla beans out of its pod, and add to the bowl, add the honey, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt and beat with a handheld mixer until the butter looks like whipped butter. Place in an airtight container and leave out at room temperature until the time of use.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes (including rising time)
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey oat brad, homemade bread, honey bread, honey oat bread machine, healthy honey oat bread recipe