Freezing peaches is one of the easiest ways to store them. Learn how to freeze peaches and enjoy them year-round.
- 12 medium ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a slight boil. Next, create an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- Place the peaches in the pot of hot water, no more than 3-4 at a time. Leave in the water for 1-2 minutes. Long enough for the skin on the peaches to loosen. Use a mesh slotted spoon, remove each peach from the water, and place it in the iced water to let cool.
- With a pairing knife, remove the skin from the peaches. You should be able to remove the skin with your fingers. Set the peeled peaches in another separate bowl. Toss in the lemon juice.
- Slice the peaches longwise. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the sliced peaches in the freezer uncovered for about 1-2 hours.
- Finally, remove the peaches from the freezer and place them in a freezer-safe plastic bag.
- Freeze up to 1 year.
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Category: How To Recipes
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to preserve peaches, how to freeze peaches, how do you freeze peaches, how do i freeze peaches