This Insane Grilled Cheese Sandwich is coated with Parmesan Cheese and filled with loads of Provolone and Mozzarella Cheese!
- 6 slices Sourdough Bread
- 8 oz. Mozzarella, shredded
- 12 slices of Provolone Cheese
- 1 c. Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp. Oregano
- Butter for spreading and for the pan
- Marinara sauce (optional)
- On one side of the bread, spread with butter to the edges. Mix the parmesan cheese and oregano together on a plate. Coat the buttered side of the bread with the parmesan cheese. Do the same with another slice of bread.
- On the unbuttered side of bread, lay down 2 slices of provolone cheese, lay about ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese in the middle, and layer with another 2 slices of Provolone cheese. Place the other buttered and parmesan coated slice of bread on top of the final 2 slices of Provolone Cheese leaving the buttered and parmesan coated sides of bread on the outside of the sandwich.
- In a medium Saute pan, melt about 2 tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat. Place the sandwich in the pan and allow to cook on both sides for about 3 minutes. When you flip the sandwich on the last side, cover with a lid to ensure the cheese melts thoroughly. Slice in half and serve with marinara sauce if desired.
- Category: Sandwich