Italian Sausage and Peppers with Rigatoni is made with sausage, onions, assorted peppers, and marinara sauce. Top off with basil and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb. Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 12 oz. Sliced Onions and Peppers (can be found in the frozen section), thawed
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 lb. Marinara Sauce
- 15 oz. Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb. Rigatoni, cooked and drained
- Shaved Parmesan, garnish
- Chopped Basil, garnish
- In a large cooking pot, fill halfway with water and add about a tablespoon of salt. Turn on medium-high heat. Once the water begins to steam add the pasta and stir so the pasta doesn’t stick together. Once cooked, reserve about one cup of the pasta water, and drain. Return the pasta back to the pot and add the water. Cover so the pasta doesn’t dry out.
- In a medium saute pan, on medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the sausages for 5-6 minutes on both sides, or until cooked through. Set aside. Remove from the skillet. In the same skillet add the sliced onions and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes so the veggies can soften; add the minced garlic, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce and stir. Now add the beans, onion and garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, slice the sausage and add to the sauce. Stir to incorporate in the sauce and serve over cooked pasta and topped off with parmesan cheese and basil.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Entree