The Loaded Poutine Recipe is an easy and all-start recipe that will get any crowd going for football season! Try this Loaded Poutine Recipe to kick off your football season this year!
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 2 ½ c. milk
- 2 ½ c. sharp cheddar cheese (I recommend grating the cheese)
- 10 oz. yellow cheese curds
- ½ lb. bacon, cooked and diced
- ½ c. chopped chives
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb. French Fries (frozen or hand cut)
- oil for frying ( I used peanut oil)
- Heat a deep fryer on 350 Degrees and fill with oil half way. Once the oil is heated, add the French Fries and cook until crispy and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. You may have to do two batches of fries depending on your deep fryer. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fries and turn to a large plate lined with paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once the French Fries are cooked, turn to a large serving platter.
- In a medium sauce pot on low to medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, sprinkle in the flour and stir. The mixture will appear clumpy. Slowly stir in the milk while whisking for a smooth and creamy mixture. Allow the mixture to thicken for 5 minutes while stirring periodically. Add the shredded cheese and stir to dissolve the cheese and for a creamy mixture. Add pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cheese curds and stir for about 1 minute. Pour the cheese sauce over the French Fries and top off with the bacon, tomatoes, and chives and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Appetiser