These Lucious Chocolate Macarons are perfect for chocolate lovers! They are also great to make great gifts or party treats!
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. almond flour
- 3 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ tsp. Cream of tartar
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 ¾ c. semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Using a food processor, add the powdered sugar, almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt and pulse until fine. Sift dry ingredients through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, place the egg whites and whisk on medium speed until foamy, about 30 seconds. Next, add cream of tartar and increase speed until the white begins to turn white and hold the line of the whisk, about 1 minute. Continue to whisk and slowly add the sugar. Continue to beat until stiff and shiny, about 1 minute more.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg whites and slowly fold in the dry ingredients until the ingredients are combined. Continue to add the dry ingredients and fold using a rubber spatula until well combined and there are not egg white streaks. The mixture will seem like a thick moving batter.
- Scoop batter in a piping bag with a round tip. Pipe the macaron rounds onto the parchment paper or silicone mat. Once finished, bang the baking sheet onto the counter surface to release air from macarons. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow cooling completely.
- Making the ganache: Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan and place the chocolate in a small bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and begin to stir until smooth and silky using a rubber spatula. Once smooth and silk, add the butter and vanilla extract. Set aside and allow to thicken a frosting consistency. Scoop in a piping bag and cut the end of the tip. Pipe a generous amount of chocolate ganache onto the inside of a macaron and top with an additional macaron. Store up to 1 week in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert