- 1 lb. box Fleischmann Simply Homemade Pretzel Mix (including the contents on the back of box)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3/4 c. warm water
- 14 oz. jar pizza sauce
- 1/2 lb. ground beef, cooked
- 5 strips bacon, chopped
- 8 oz. container of cherry sized mozzarella balls
- 3 oz. package pepperoni
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. oregano leaves
- In a large bowl, pour in the flour and the yeast contents inside. Add the oil and water as instructed on the back of the box. Once the dough has been made accordingly, set aside for 25 minutes to allow the dough to rise (dough will not double in size).
- Place the dough on a clean surface and divide into 12 balls(You can make them bigger if you like. It really depends on you). Cover the dough with a paper towel so the unused dough doesn’t dry out.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Also, take a large pot and fill it with water and once it begins to boil, pour in the baking soda that comes inside the pretzel box.
- Take one of the pretzel dough balls and flatten it with your hands. Turn and stretch the dough until it is about 1/2 -2 inches wide (as long as the pretzel dough doesn’t begin to rip).
- Take a tablespoon of the pizza dough and pour in the middle of the pretzel dough ball. Next add pepperoni, ground beef, bacon,and a mozzarella cheese ball. You can be as liberal or conservative with the meat as you would like.
- Pull opposites sides of the pretzel dough ball together and pinch together and bring the other opposite sides together and pinch. Now pinch to make sure the ball is completely secure. If some pizza sauce gets in the way that is okay, just continue pinching and rolling until completely secure. Set aside and repeat for the remaining pretzel balls.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip the pretzel balls with a slotted spoon or spatula into the boiling baking soda water for 10-15 seconds and turn to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper pinched side face down. Repeat for all of the balls.
- Melt the 6 tbsp of butter and add the garlic powder and oregano leaves. Brush each pretzel ball with the melted butter mixture and place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.