- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 3 Chorizo sausages or 1 lb. of ground chorizo
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 c. onions, diced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ c bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ c. queso quesadilla cheese
- ¼ c. diced jalapenos
- 1 lb. bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large bowl combine both meats (chorizo and ground chuck) and the onions. If your Chorizo sausage comes already prepared in the sausage links, make sure you remove the casing (look at the picture below). Add the taco seasoning, breadcrumbs, chili powder, and slightly beaten eggs. Use your hands to mesh all the ingredients together.
- In a separate small bowl, add the cheese and jalapenos and stir. Set aside.
- Begin to roll the meat into medium size meatballs (look at the picture) and in the middle of ball take your finger or the end of a wooden spoon and make a hole to insert the cheese and jalapenos inside. Once you have packed the middle of your meatball with the cheese combination, place a little more meat to cover the top of the meatball.
- Now that your meatballs are assembled, begin to wrap them with the slices of bacon. I did not need toothpicks to hold the bacon in place but feel free to use them if it is necessary.
- Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.