- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ c. sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ¾ c. flour
- 1 c. pecans, chopped into fine pieces
- Preheat oven to 275 Degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, vanilla extract, salt, and powdered sugar. Slowly add the flour and pecans. Flour your hands and take 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and shape into a half-moon and place on baking sheet. Repeat until baking sheet is full and bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Meanwhile, add about 1 cup of powdered sugar to a bowl and as soon as the cookies are cool enough to handle but still warm, coat with powdered sugar and place on cooling rack. Add more powdered sugar if needed. Repeat until all cookies are coated.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Cookies