This Mini Apple Crostatas Recipe is perfect for small dinner parties, appetizers, or a treat! Fill with sweet and tart Granny Smith apples and serve with ice cream!
- 4–5 Small Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 6 tbsp. Butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Lite brown sugar
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. All-spice
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 pre-made pie crust sheets
- 4 tbsp. Caramel sauce
- Coarse white sugar
- In a medium saute pan on medium heat, melt 5 tbsp butter. Add the apples and cook for 7 minutes until the apples become soft. Add both sugars and the cinnamon. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Turn the pie crust onto a lightly floured surface and cut out 4 round circles using the circumference of a small bowl. You can make more if you want them smaller. Place the pie crust on a silicon mat or parchment paper and spoon 2 tablespoons of the apples in the center of each pie crust circle leaving about room around the edges to fold. If you are making them smaller, use only 1 tablespoon of apple filling.
- Fold the exposed edges of the pie crust overlapping the crust making a pocket. Once the pies are assembled brush the edges of the crust with the tablespoon of butter and sprinkle with white coarse sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven of 350 degrees. The crusts should be golden brown. Spoon a tablespoon of caramel sauce in the tarts and serve with ice cream.
- Category: Dessert