These Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are infused with the natural mint flavor that makes these chocolate chip cookies soft and chewy.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 stems mint
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. Andes mint chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the mint leaves. Allow to simmer on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Strain the leaves from the butter. Use a spatula and press the mint against the strainer to get as much butter as possible.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray a baking sheet with baking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, sugar, and light brown sugar and mix. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and mix. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips and Andes mint chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough. Place on a baking sheet 1 inch apart. Roll into a ball and bake for 13 minutes. Allow to cool and turn to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Dessert