These Mississippi Mud Brownies are super chocolaty, gooey, and rich. This is for the chocolate lovers at heart! Brownies topped with marshmallow and chocolate frosting.
- 1 Box of Brownie Mix (including the required ingredients egg, water, and oil)
- 16 oz. Marshmallows
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 casserole dish with baking spray and set aside.
- Using a large bowl, prepare the brownie mix as instructed using the correct amount of water, oil, and eggs. Pour in the sprayed 9X13 casserole dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the middle of the brownies are baked through.
- While the brownies are baking prepare the frosting. In a medium saucepan melt the stick of butter, add the cocoa powder, and milk. Allow
to cometo a slight simmer. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar until smooth. Add the salt and vanilla extract.
- Once the brownies are finished baking, add the marshmallows on top of the brownies while still warm, and pour on top of the marshmallows. Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until marshmallows are gooey and slightly puffed. Remove from oven and pour the frosting mixture on top of the marshmallows. NOTE: You may not need to use the entire frosting mixture as I did not. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer to allow the frosting to set. Cut into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert