Decadent and delicious Molten Dulce de leche Cake oozing with caramel in the middle. Only 3 ingredients and minutes to make. Serve warm with ice cream.
- unsalted butter (used to butter the ramekins)
- 2 1/2 tbsp. flour (more for ramekins)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 2/3 c. dulce de leche
- vanilla ice cream (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Butter and flour ramekins and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and egg on high speed in a medium bowl until doubled in volume and eggs hold a slight ribbon, which should take about 3 1/2 minutes. Add dulce de leche and beat until well blended, then gradually add 2 1/2 Tbsp. flour. Divide batter among ramekins.
- Transfer sheet to oven. Bake cakes until outsides are golden brown in color but the centers still jiggle, 12–14 minutes (I kept mine in for 13 minutes).
- Transfer sheet to a rack. Run a knife around edges of ramekins to loosen cakes; transfer to plates or shallow bowls. Serve hot with ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Dessert