Combine Chocolate Chip Cookies and Oatmeal Cookies to make these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! Filled with decadent chocolate chips and touched with cinnamon.
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ c. raw sugar
- ½ c. light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Grated orange peel
- 3 c. Old Fashioned Oats ( I used 2 cups of quick oats and 1 cup of old-fashioned oats)
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- ½ c. raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and/or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with a handheld or standing mixer. Add the raw and brown sugar and mix until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.
- Add the flour one ½ cup at a time; add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until well mixed. Add the orange zest and the oats. Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts, and raisins if desired.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop out the batter and place on the baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and use a spatula to transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Category: Dessert