Pan roasting is a simple and easy way to cook chicken and potatoes together in one pan. This one-pan recipe is a whole meal with chicken, potatoes, and veggies.
- 5–6 lb. Whole Chicken
- 1 1/2 large Yellow Onion, chopped and halved
- 1/2 lemon
- 6–7 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 lb. Yukon Potatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb. Baby Carrots
- 1 lb. Fresh Green Beans
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt, more may be needed
- 1/2 tbsp. Coarse Black Pepper, more may be needed
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees.
- Prepare your veggies by cutting the potatoes in half and removing the stem ends of the fresh green beans and any bruised sections.
- On a large baking sheet, spray with nonstick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, add the cut potatoes, baby carrots, green beans, whole chopped onion, and about five garlic cloves, and toss in about one tablespoon of olive oil—season with salt, pepper, and dried thyme. Lay the veggies evenly on the baking sheet.
- To prepare the chicken, make sure it is completely dry by patting it with a paper towel. Lift the skin on top of the chicken and stuff it with the remaining five garlic cloves. And about two tablespoons of butter.
- Next, brush the chicken with olive oil, top, and bottom—season liberally with kosher salt, pepper, thyme, onion, and garlic powder. Season inside of the cavity as well.
- Stuff the cavity with half lemon, half onion, and parsley sprigs. Place in the oven and roast the chicken for 1 hour once the chicken has roasted for 30 minutes, every 10 minutes, begin basting.
- Remove from the oven after an hour and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oven roasted chicken, one-pan roasted chicken and potatoes, roasted chicken and vegetables, chicken and potatoes