These Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes will knock your socks off with flavor. This is a perfect and refreshing treat and easy to make with cake mix.
- 1 pkg. Yellow or White Cake Mix
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. Ale-8-One Orange Cream Soda
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1–3oz. Pkg. orange gelatin
- 1 tsp. Orange zest
Ingredients for frosting
- 2 c. unsalted butter, room temperature (4 sticks butter
- 6 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1–3 oz. pkg. Orange gelatin
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp. Ale-8-One Orange Cream Soda
- Pinch of salt
- Garnish: Orange or white sanding sugar, orange sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, orange juice, orange soda, and mix together using a hand mixer or a stand mixer on medium speed. Next, add the eggs one a time; add the canola oil and the orange gelatin, and finally, the orange zest and stir until smooth.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and fill the cupcake liners with the cupcake batter about ⅔rds full. Bake in a preheated oven for about 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack before adding the frosting.
- For the frosting: Add the softened butter to a separate large bowl and blend until creamy. Slowly add the sifted powdered sugar to the butter, vanilla extract, and add the orange gelatin to the mixture. Slowly add the Ale-8-One Orange Cream Soda to the powdered sugar mixture until the frosting reaches your desired consisiteny.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes as desired or use a butter knife. Sprinkle with sanding sugar or orange sprinkles and serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 1 hr. 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: orange cupcakes, orange crush cupcakes, orange creamsicles cupcakes with cake mix, orange creamsicle cupcakes with orange soda