Oven-roasted vegetables are a great way to cook vegetables, especially if you don’t have time. This Spring Vegetables medley is made with red onions, yellow potatoes, carrots, and asparagus.
- 1 large Red Onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 medium yellow potatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp. Coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with non-stick olive oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the peeled and chopped red onion. Be sure to discard the ends of the onion. Loosely separate the layers of the onions and place them in the oven.
- Add the chopped carrots and yellow potatoes to the bowl. When cutting the asparagus cut the woodsy portion of the stalk (typically it’s the bottom and it isn’t as green as the rest of the asparagus stalk).
- Chop the rest of the asparagus into medium-large pieces. Add to the bowl. Add the olive oil, Herbs de Provence, season with salt, black pepper, minced garlic cloves, onion, and garlic powder to the veggies, and toss. Pour the veggies into a single layer onto the baking sheet and spread the veggies around.
- Place in the oven and roast the veggies for 30 minutes. Halfway through the cooking process, use a spatula and flip the veggies onto the other side and finish roasting for the last 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Melt the butter in the microwave and add the fresh thyme and stir.
- Place the roasted veggies on a serving platter or bowl, pour the melted butter with thyme over the veggies and give a light toss and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted spring vegetables, roasted spring veggies, spring vegetables recipe, easter vegetables, springtime vegetables, vegetables in spring, roasted oven vegetables, roasted vegetables, roasted holiday vegetables,