Start your morning with a bowl of veggies! Just add sausage, poached egg, and Paleo Hollandaise sauce for added flavor!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium Zucchini, diced
- 1 1/2 medium Yellow Squash, diced
- 13 oz. Smoked Turkey Sausage
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 4 eggs, poached
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 c. Ghee (clarified butter), melted
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the zucchini, squash, and sausage and begin to saute for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, begin poaching your eggs and set aside.
- TO POACH AN EGG: Bring a large sauce pan filled with water to slightly simmer. The water is ready when it begins to steam. Add a tablespoon of vinegar. Crack an egg in a ramekin. Carefully pour the egg into the water and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes until all whites are congealed. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Once the veggie blend and sausage is cooked, pour into a bowl, place a poached egg on top, and pour a spoonful of Hollandaise on top.
- TO MAKE HOLLANDAISE: Melt the clarified butter. Add the egg yolks to a blender and turn on low. Slowly pour in the melted clarified butter with a thin stream. Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper while still blending and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast