- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 2 c. flour
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 3 c. panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, more for drizzling
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- 8 oz. asparagus (frozen and unthawed)
- 8 oz. sweet peas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 1 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Take each chicken breast and place in a Zip Lock bag. Taking a rolling pan, gently beat the chicken breast until it is slightly thin. Once each chicken breast has been beaten, season with salt and pepper on each side.
- In a medium pan, begin to heat up the olive oil on medium heat. Dredge each chicken breast first through the flour, then through the egg wash, and finally through the bread crumbs. Cook each chicken breast for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel to slightly cool and then cut into strips. Leave aside.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Before draining the pasta reserve about 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and return the pasta water back into the pot with pasta and cover with lid. Set aside.
- Rinse out the pan you used to cook the chicken because you are about to use it again. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and cut the asparagus spears into thirds discarding the bottom wooden-like part (leaving only the top part of the asparagus tip and the middle section). Drizzle a little more olive oil into the pan on medium heat. Place the peas, tomatoes, and asparagus pieces into the the pan on medium heat and saute for 5 minutes until cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the veggies into the pot with the pasta. Toss to make sure the veggies are evenly distributed throughout.
- In a medium bowl, add the yogurt, olive oil, basil and oregano leaves, minced garlic, and salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly. Pour the yogurt inside the pot with the pasta (if you would like it more saucey then double the recipe). Toss to make sure the pasta is evenly coated.
- Fork some of the pasta onto a plate and top off with strips of the chicken. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper and serve.