This delicious rib-eye steak recipe is pan-seared with a flavorful sauce made with asparagus and tomatoes cooked in a creamy sauce.
- 4– 1/2 lb. Ribeye Steaks
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, sliced
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 2 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. Asiago Cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the ribeye steaks on both sides with kosher or sea salt and coarse black pepper. Allow to sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Fill a medium saucepot with water and bring to a steaming simmer.
- Using a heavy-duty pan or cast-iron skillet, turn to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Add the steak(s), no more than two at a time, and sear on both sides for 7 minutes or until desired beef doneness is met. The steak should come out crusty and golden brown on both sides. Once the steaks have cooked on one side, flip over to repeat the process. Add two tablespoons of butter and baste for about one minute. Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack, and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the steak to rest for at least, 30 minutes
- In a separate large skillet, bring the pan’s heat to medium heat. Add the chopped shallot to the pan and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the white wine to the pan and allow to reduce for about 3-5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and allow to simmer.
- Cut the asparagus into chunks. Remove the lower woodsy-looking part of the asparagus. Add the rest of the cut-up asparagus to the steaming water. Use a mesh spoon and ensure that the excess water is shaken off the asparagus, and turn to the pan with the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir. Add the cheese and reduce to low heat.
- Slice the rib eye steaks into1/4 inch thick slices, and serve with a healthy spoonful of the sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Pan Sear
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: asparagus and tomato sauce, creamy asparagus sauce, pan seared ribeye steak, cast iron ribeye, pan seared ribeye, pan fried ribeye, cast iron skillet ribeye, skillet ribeye, pan seared rib eye steak, pan fried ribeye steak recipe, pan seared ribeye with butter