- 16.5 oz box Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. softened unsalted butter
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. espresso powder or coffee granules
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chip, melted
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Grease or spray two 9 inch round cake pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, water and oil. Blend until smooth. Add the cup of peanut butter and 2 tbsp. butter and mix until completely blended.
- Divide batter and pour half in one pan and the other half in the other pan. Place in oven and bake for 22-26 minutes. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- For the frosting, cream the butter and add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a tie alternating with tablespoon of milk. Add the vanilla extract, espresso powder, and melted chocolate (make sure that the chocolate is cooled before adding).
- Spread the frosting on the bottom layer first. Add the top layer and Icing the top and sides with a thin layer. Place a long toothpick in the middle of the cake to secure the layers from sliding and moving. Add the rest of the frosting making sure it is spread evenly on the the entire cake. Allow to chill for 15 minutes before serving.