This Praline Pecan Pound Cake is a delicious, moist, and nutty cake that you will enjoy al year long. Try this Praline Pecan Pound Cake today.
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ½ c. sugar
- 10 eggs, room temperature
- 4 c flour, sifted
- 1 ½ tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ c. pecans, finely ground
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 c. lite brown sugar, packed
- 5 tbsp. Butter
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Bourbon
- 1 ½ c. powdered sugar
- ¾ c. pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees.
- Pulse the pecans in a food processor until finely ground. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and blend the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and blend until fluffy. Begin to add the eggs one at a time. Once all eggs are added, add the flour and ground pecans and mix until blended.
- Add the vanilla extract and buttermilk. Pour into a
well sprayed bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour and 25-30 minutes on middle rack in the oven. Once finished baking, set aside and allow to slightly cool and then turn to a cooling rack or serving plate and allow to finish cooling completely.
- To make the topping: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar and milk and stir. Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil for a minute. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, bourbon, and whisk powdered sugar until smooth. Allow cooling for 5 minutes.
- While the glaze is still loose, pour on top of pound cake. Allow the icing to set and serve.
- Category: Dessert