- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. flour
- 1/4 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 c. pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese for dough; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smoother. Slowly add flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until you see thick clumps of dough and use your hands to form the clumps into a big ball of dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 350 Degrees and spray or grease a 12 count cupcake tin and set aside.
- Flour your hands and shape the dough into 20-24 mini balls. Place each ball in a prepared cupcake tin. Use your fingers and press the dough into the bottom and up the sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans,, brown sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and egg for filling; stir well. Spoon a 1/2 tbsp of the pecan mixture into each tin of dough. Don’t overfill.
- Bake until filling is set and crust is lightly browned, 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a knife around edges of crust. Gently remove tassies from muffin cups and let cool completely on a wire rack.