Discover a refreshing Picnic Pasta Salad recipe with a twist, perfect for outdoor gatherings and packed with vibrant flavors.
- 12 oz. Bow Tie Pasta, cooked al dente and cooled
- 1 c. sweet peas
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3 tbsp. mayo (heaping tablespoons)
- 2 tbsp. Sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp, smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook your pasta in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and add your pasta. Once cooked, drain pasta and run the pasta under cold water while in the drainer for 5 minutes. Shake excess water and turn to a large bowl. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Add peas, grape tomatoes, carrots, and cubed cheese. Toss the ingredients for even distribution.
- In a small bowl, add mayo, sour cream, dijon mustard, pickle juice, onion and garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, honey, Worcestershire Sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together and pour over pasta salad and mix for even distribution.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta salad, cold pasta salad, summer picnic salads, best picnic salad, easy pasta salad, pasta for picnic, pasta salad recipe, summer pasta salad