These Puff Pastry Donuts (Cronuts) are made using puff pastry sheets, deep-fried, and covered in a delicious glaze.
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, whisked
- vegetable oil for frying
- flour for dusting
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sprinkle flour on a clean flat kitchen surface. Take one puff pastry sheet and place it on the lightly floured surface.
- With a pastry brush, brush the inside of the puff pastry sheet with egg and fold it into thirds (like you would a letter). Repeat the same process with the other puff pastry sheet and place both sheets into the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Begin to heat the oil to 350 Degrees in a deep fryer. Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and cut out doughnuts on the puff pastry using a doughnut cutter about 1 1/2-2 inches in width. Keep the puff pastry sheet open. Leave as is. Save the scraps to make doughnut holes.
- Place the doughnuts in the hot oil and fry for 5 minutes while flipping on each side until golden brown and puffed. Use a slotted spoon and remove from the oil and turn to a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat the process for all doughnuts.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, salt, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth. Dip each finished doughnut into the glaze and place on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Deep Dry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: puff pastry recipes, cronut recipe, homemade cronuts, puff pastry cronuts, donut pastry recipe