- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 lb. ground breakfast sausage (your choice), cooked
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 c. chopped kale
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Turn the diced sweet potatoes to a large bowl and toss in canola oil, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Spread the diced potatoes out onto the baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large shallow saute pan, heat the canola oil on medium heat and begin to saute the onions until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Once the onions are cooked add the kale and saute for an additional 3-4 minutes until kale is wilted and soft.
- Add the sweet potatoes and ground sausage to the pan and toss to combine all ingredients. Pour in the chicken stock and allow to simmer together for 5 minutes and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Breakfast