Super moist and flaky scones are the perfect way to wake up any morning! Try these Salted Caramel Scones that are easy to make and won’t disappoint.
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ c. unsalted butter, chilled, divided
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. salted caramel chips or caramel bits
- ⅓ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ c. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 Degree and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk together. Next, cut in 1/2 c. cold butter and using pastry cutter of a fork, mix together until the mixture looks like course sand crumbs.
- Cut in the cream cheese and add the salted caramel chips and mix. Add cream, vanilla extract, and knead inside the bowl until the dough comes together. Turn to a floured surface and form into a 3/4 inch thick square. Once the square is formed, cut into thirds (three long rectangles). From there, cut the thirds into mini triangles. Place on top of the baking sheet. Brush with heavy cream and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan add 1/4 c. butter and brown sugar. Stir and cook for 8 minutes until mixture is slightly thickened. When the scones are finished baking, pour some of the caramel sauce on each scone and sprinkle with course salt.
- * If your local grocery does not sell baking salted caramel chips, use Kraft Caramel Bit instead.
- Category: Breakfast