These Salted Caramel Sugar Cookie bars are made with sugar cookie mix and soft caramels. These dessert bars are very easy to make and addictive to eat!
- 1 ½ lbs. Sugar Cookie Mix (1 ½ pouches of sugar cookie mix)
- 13 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 egg
- 14 oz. bag soft caramel chews
- 2 tbsp. Heavy cream
- 1 ½ tsp. Fleur de Sel (or coarse sea salt)
- Using a 9X13 casserole pan, cover with aluminum foil. Spray with baking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- In a large bowl, combine 1 full 1 lb. bag of sugar cookie mix, 8 tbsp. stick of butter, and one egg and mix together until dough is formed. Press into the bottom of the casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes. Dough should be slightly golden. Allow to cool and set for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the caramels and heavy cream and heat for 1 minute at a time until melted and smooth. Pour on top of baked sugar cookie dough. Sprinkle the sea salt on top of caramel.
- In a separate bowl, combine half of a 1 lb. bag of sugar cookie mix and 5 tbsp butter. Use a fork and blend together until coarse crumbs appear. Sprinkle on top of caramel topping and bake near the top of the oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into squares.
- Category: Dessert