This Serious Chocolate Brownie Recipe is loaded with chocolate! Moist and rich brownies topped off with chocolate ganache. You will need a glass of milk!
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. + 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips
- 2 1.4 oz. Hershey Chocolate Bar
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. white chocolate melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray or grease a 9X9 square pan and set aside.
- (I doubled the recipe so I used a 9X13 rectangular pan)
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate bar and butter over low heat. Stir until smooth and remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature. Stir in the brown sugar and vanilla. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour baking powder, and salt. Slowly fold in the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until well incorporated. Add the chocolate chips. Pour half the batter into the pan. Break the Hershey bars into the squares they are in, and place in them in columns on top of the first half of the brownie batter. Add the rest of the brownie batter on top and smooth the top so you cannot see any of the Hershey bars. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Once finished baking, set aside and allow to completely cool.
- On a double boiler, add the semi sweet chocolate and heavy cream. As the chocolate begins to melt stir carefully with a rubber spatula until chocolate becomes smooth. There should be no lumps in the chocolate. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Allow the ganache to completely cool. It will begin to thicken.
- Once the chocolate ganache has become thick and cooled, spread on top of the brownies evenly. Take the melted white chocolate and draw lines on top of the ganache. Using a toothpick or the end of a steak knife and run the sharp end across the top of the brownies making the smeared effect. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.
- Allow the chocolate to set for another 30 minutes and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: dessert