Shortbread Pecan Cookies are moist, nutty, and buttery. Everything you need in a Shortbread Cookie.
- 2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. ground pecans
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pecans, salt, cornstarch, and powdered sugar. Next, using a wooden spoon, blend in the softened butter and vanilla extract. Use your hands to mix all ingredients together. Once the ingredients have come together to form a ball. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove the shortbread cookie dough and take about 1 1/2 tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with baking spray or lined with parchment paper. Make sure you space the cookies out about an inch and a half. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Once cool, transfer to a cooling sheet and take a teaspoon of the melted chocolate, place in the middle of the cookies, and spread with the back of a spoon. Allow the chocolate to set and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert