These “Skinny Girl” Cookies are a great sweet treat option to satisfy any sweet tooth craving while still being healthy. These cookies have no white flour, white sugar, eggs, or butter. They are the perfect Healthy Oatmeal Cookie!
- 1 1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 3/4 c. spelt flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 c. quick oats
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. Sugar reduced Craisins
- 2 c. Bran Flakes cereal
- 1 tbsp. wheat germ (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Chia seeds (optional)
- 1/3 c. pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or by hand, blend in the brown sugar, water, vanilla, and oil. Fold in the spelt flour, cornstarch, oats, baking soda, salt, allspice, and cinnamon. Fold in the raisins and cereal.
- Take about 2 tbsp worth of cookie dough and place them on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes, place on cooling rack, and enjoy. The cookies may be slightly crisp and chewy on the inside.
- When you make these cookies, they are going to look like a goopy mess and you may notice that don’t’ adhere like a ball of dough. That is okay. Just pack them as tightly as you can in a ball and as they bake they do come together.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: oatmeal cookies, healthy oatmeal cookies, skinny girl cookies, healthy cookies, cookies with no butter, healthy cookies with no flour