Plenty of flavor and savory smoked pork or turkey that makes this Southern Collard Greens Recipe divine! Perfect for your Thanksgiving holiday meal!
- 2–16 oz. Bags of Collard Greens, cut and cleaned
- 3 tbsp. Seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp. Black ground pepper
- 2 tsp. Red Crushed Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 2 Ham Hocks or Smoked Turkey Tails
- Fill a large 10 quart pot with water about 2/3rds full. Add the seasoned salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, red crushed pepper, smoked paprika, and smoked ham hocks or smoked turkey tails. Bring the water to a boil and cook the meat with seasonings for 45 minutes.
- Using tongs, remove the meat from the water. Use a fork to the hold the meat and use a knife to slice the meat with your other hand. Once most of the meat has been cut, add the meat, including the bone, back into the water. Add the greens to the seasoned water and cook for, at least 4 hours on a medium boil. If there is too much water in the pot to where it is overflowing, carefully remove some of the excess water and cover with lid and continue to cook for 4 hours or longer (preferably).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: side dishes