A warm morning sandwich like this is what you need to start your morning! Try this Pepper Jack Cheese and Chicken Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich anytime of day!
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1tbsp. sugar
- 1/s tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ c. buttermilk
- 1 c. pepper jack cheese
- 4 slices, thin chicken breast
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Hot Pepper Jelly (optional)
- Cheddar Cheese slices
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Spray a 9 inch round pan with baking spray.
- Slice the chicken breasts into two slices. Season on both sides with salt and pepper and soak in the buttermilk for, at least, 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper). Next, add the butter and pepper jack. Pulse until coarse crumbs occur and add the buttermilk. Continue to pulse until dough forms.
- Lay the dough onto a lightly flour surface. Roll the dough out to about 1 inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds of biscuits and place in round pan. Bake in preheated oven for minutes. Allow to cool before assembling the sandwich.
- Begin to heat the oil in a shallow frying pan.
- Take the flour, salt, and pepper and whisk into a bowl. Take the pieces of soaked chicken breast pieces and dredge through the flour shaking the excess. Fry on both sides for 5-7 minutes. Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Slice a biscuit in half and spread hot pepper jelly on one half of the biscuit, place the chicken on the other with a slice of cheese. Bring together and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Breakfast