Here is a delicious way to add a ton of veggies to your pasta in this Spinach Pesto Chicken Pasta with Linguine dish.
- 3 c. Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 c. Fresh Basil
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. pine nuts
- 1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 8 oz. linguine
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 large chicken breast, diced
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Fill a pot of water with water and about ½ tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil and cook the linguine. This should take about 10 minutes. Reserve about ½ cup of pasta water and drain the rest of the water. Place the linguine back in the pot and toss with about 1 tablespoon of butter to keep the noodles from drying out. Cover with lid until ready to use.
- In a large shallow dish, bring to medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the diced chicken breast to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly brown on all sides and cooked through about 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by adding fresh spinach, basil, olive oil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and lemon and pulse in a food processor until smooth, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper while pulsing. Taste to determine if you would like to add more seasoning.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, add the cooked linguine to the pan and toss using tongs. Add the pesto and pasta water and give another toss to ensure all ingredients are distributed evenly. Serve on a plate and add sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and/or a little lemon zest, if desired.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto with chicken, spinach pesto, pesto and linguince, easy spinach pesto easy pesto and chicken