These Steak and White Cheddar Souffles are easy and perfect for breakfast or anytime of the day. These souffles are filled with delicious steak and white cheddar!
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Half and half
- 2 tbsp. Heavy cream
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Coarse black pepper
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c. chives, chopped
- 2 c. sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ⅔ lb. beef round steak, finely chopped
- 1 Roll Pillsbury Crescent Dough
- In a medium saute pan on medium heat, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the chopped steak and cook until cooked, about 5-10 minutes. Remove the steak from the pan.
- Leaving the remaining drippings and oil in the pan, add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Return the steak back to the pan and reduce heat on low-medium.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, and heavy cream. Add the salt and pepper as well. Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the steak mixture. Allow the eggs to scramble slightly, only 2-3 minutes. The eggs should be slightly scrambled but still runny. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and butter 4 4-inch mini tart pans and set them on a large baking sheet.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into four squares (large enough to cover the pans and with some of the dough hanging from the pans) . Place the dough over the tart pans and press the bottom into the pan and along the sides. Sprinkle ¼ cup of white cheddar cheese into the bottom of the pans. Take a large mixing spoon, fill the tart pans with one scoop of the egg mixture and top off with ¼ cup of cheese and sprinkle the chives on top. Fold the flaps of the dough on top of the souffle and bake for 15 minutes until edges are golden brown. Allow to cool, remove from pan, and serve.
- Category: Breakfast