Enjoy this Strawberry Crunch Cake that is a Strawberry Swirl Cake coated in a delicious and crumbly topping made With cookies and feeze-dried strawberries!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. warm milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Strawberry extract
- 20 Vanilla Cream Sandwich Cookies ( I used Golden Oreos)
- 1 oz. Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 4 tbsp. Melted butter
- 4 tbsp. Butter softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the butter and sugar together using a hand mixer or standing mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time being sure to blend each one into the batter. Add the flour a cup at a time while interchanging it with the warm milk. Mix until creamy and add the vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sour cream. Mix just until no streaks from the sour cream.
- Remove 2 ½ cups of the batter into a separate medium bowl and add the strawberry extract. Mix well together. Spray a bundt cake pan well with nonstick spray. Use an ice cream scoop and start with a layer of the white cake mix and add the strawberry cake batter and continue to layer until all cake batter is used. Use a knife or a large toothpick and swirl the batter until it marbelizes. Bake for 40-45 minutes. A toothpick should be inserted and come out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- While the cake cools, add the freeze-dried strawberries and the cookies in a food processor. Pulse the mixture until crumbly. Pour in a bowl and add the melted butter and mix until medium crumbs appear. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and powdered sugar. Mix until large crumbs occur. Add the milk and it should appear as frosting. Add milk a ½ tablespoon at a time until desired consistency occurs. Add the vanilla extract and salt. Mix well together. Apply to cake being sure to coat evenly. Pat the strawberry crumbs around the cake. Continue to reuse the crumbs that fall off the cake until the cake is completely covered. Serve as desired.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry crunch cake, strawberry crunch, strawberry shortcake crunch cake, strawberry crunch cake recipe, strawberry crunch cake topping